Full Stack Developer (12+ month contract)
Position Title: Full-Stack Developer
Reports To: Chief Technical Officer (CTO).
Contract Length: 6 Months Contract (With a view to extend)
Rate: Based on experience
YakTrak is growing and we need further development support to help us achieve our goals and support our customers effectively.
You will be working with a small team of three other developers including a Senior Developer, User Experience Designer and User Interface Developer.
We are looking for an experienced analytical, results-driven person who will work with us on the continual development of our platform. You will support our development team, analyse current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and help us create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication and some project management skills.
You should be focused on building a better, more efficient YakTrak and creating a better end user experience. You are knowledgeable, collaborative, and self-motivated as well as have the ability to work from home due to the current COVID-19 government requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Supporting the lead developer in building and improving YakTrak.
- Building new YakTrak features and systems to assist in driving the YakTrak strategy and customer requests.
- Liaise and work closely with our customer relationship manager to ensure we are responsive to client needs.
- Participating in all YakTrak meetings in relation to Information Security and development (All meetings are in English).
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Ability to solve problems quickly and competently.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid grasp of common design patterns and object oriented design
- Be comfortable working with and upgrading old legacy systems
- Have knowledge of secure coding practices (OWASP)
- Willing to participate in police background checks prior to employment.
- Strong documentation / Writing skills
- Ability to work in line with the AEST (GMT+10) work day
- Understanding of UI, UX design principles
- Nice to have skills include Typescript, MongoDB
- DevOps experience with AWS – Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, SQS etc.
- Docker Experience – Locally and within AWS
- Advanced Frontend experience in VueJS/SASS
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration and Test Driven Development
- Public facing API development experience
YakTrak is a SaaS based platform that helps organisation track and measure their compliance, quality and coaching requirements; enabling staff to take control of their personal development. YakTrak provides clients with powerful insight into the quality and quantity of employee coaching conversations to help safeguard against conduct risk breaches – while improving the people development experience for your team. YakTrak is utilised by many of Australia’s highly regulated, blue-chip organisations in finance, insurance, energy, and superannuation.