Reflecting on 2022
By Brad Thomas
What a year we have had at the Yak Cave.
In a year where many organisations are still finding their feet post-COVID, it’s not lost on me how lucky we are to have some significant wins this year.
Our development team has once again excelled, launching new features for new clients, and improving existing features for existing clients. We have also continued to excel in our ISO27001 security accreditation and the protection of client data remains our number one priority.
Breaking the unwritten rules about the type of clients a small SaaS organisation can win, this year we onboarded some huge new clients – names you’d recognise from the finance, health, and energy sectors (we’ll share more on this in the new year). Why? Our clients tell us our product is far superior when compared to some of the big names out there. Plus our unique, responsive and one-on-one relationship management makes a difference.
Ultimately our success lies with assembling a small, fantastic team of professionals. YakTrak is proof that enterprise grade software doesn’t have to take forever to build, be costly to implement or hard to embed. And you don’t need thousands of staff to execute effectively.
So, what did I learn this year?
- We don’t need an office: We can operate successfully and productively without one. Although it’s nice to be face to face sometimes, we haven’t been slowed down by remote working.
- Strategy rewards patience: Sometimes it feels like it isn’t working…until it does.
- I don’t know everything: I know, total shock. I am no longer the one who needs to know everything, my team holds the knowledge. This ensures we make better decisions while improving team engagement.
- You don’t have to BE big to WIN big: Being small, we have a distinct advantage over our competitors. We are nimble, can change quickly and don’t spend unnecessarily, putting savings back into our clients’ pockets.
What to expect from YakTrak next year
More of the same but completely different. A very big year of growth is on the cards as clients onboarded this year expand and hit their straps and we continue to convert new opportunities in our pipeline into great solutions.
We will deliver great value and new features for our users including:
- New and improved form builders adding even more capability and use cases.
- New and improved reporting functionality allowing more flexibility to meet user needs and improve speed and dashboard capability.
- Data Loss Prevention tools, further embedding our commitment to client data security.
To all of those who have taken a punt on us this year, thank you so much for putting your trust in us, we will continue to grow and evolve with you in the coming years.
To those thinking about joining us next year…you won’t regret it, we are pretty great.
And to everyone, have a happy and safe Christmas and New Year.
We look forward to seeing what 2023 has in store.